wilded

Statement regarding DEAD DOZEN and the future of our indie studio

Dear Friends,
We apologize for the lull that has been lately. It's time to take stock of the development of DEAD DOZEN. Because from today we stop supporting the game. Why? Let's look at the situation in detail.

So, this is the development budget:

chart.png.216d08a62ea63acf4724b5ac6548225d.png

Unfortunately, the budget ended by April 1. After that we made the Escape mode on our enthusiasm, which could not raise interest to the game.

Of course, we were not able to realize much of what we were planning. There are still small bugs and not enough content. But even if we stayed on the development of this project, we must admit that we could not solve the problem of low online in a short time without changing the core of the game. This could not be done either by Cliff Bleszinski or Paragon with their colossal resources and huge team.

We understand that someone will say “Ok, this is not my problem, I gave money so continue to develop”. We agree with that, but, as you know, human possibilities of existence without food are limited.

However, this is not the reason to give up and shut down the studio. We are not of the weak. Life in the coldest city of the planet made us strong and steadfast. We are going to rise again. After all, once we were able to create an incredible game The Wild Eight. We need to move on. We see our mission in inspiring many young people on their way to their dream, wherever they are born and whoever they are. And for us, game development is the most beloved thing in life.

DD servers on Unity will continue their work. In the future, we hope to return to the development of DEAD DOZEN and finish what we started with the redesigned gameplay.

As already said, at this stage it is necessary to go further and continue the work of the studio. And very soon we will announce our new game.

There will also be the following changes:
• DD Forum will become a section of Fntastic Forums. All premium users will keep their status on the whole forum.
• There will also be changes on our Discord server.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Ed from 
Fntastic Team

Thank you for this and I look forward to what you do next. You have my support. ❤️

2 hours ago, Tolgrath said:

Thank you for this and I look forward to what you do next. You have my support. ❤️

Tolgrath,

thank you for your support, it means a lot to us!

you guys have earned my respect and trust over the time with this game i support you Devs

я в вас верю и жду новую игру с нетерпением я буду поддерживать вас земляктар!)

Is there anyway that I could possibly donate to the studio? Like a GoFundMe page or something? It would be money well spent if it would mean you guys could continue releasing amazing titles and continue supporting Dead Dozen. I've loved Dead Dozen since it first launched and it sucks to know the player base is lacking. You guys will always have my support <3

Thanks guys, you can support our studio by telling your friends about our new game Radiant One.